Huskies are playful, energetic, and lovely dogs. The only challenge of owning a Husky is managing the fur balls, as they are heavy shedders. However, using the right type of brush, you can manage Husky shedding with daily brushing.
Huskies have a double-layered coat that protects them from too cold or warm weather. The internal layer provides insulation, while the external layer gives color and appearance to your dog.
This guide includes an overview of the best Husky brushes available online. Read on to see our recommendations on the best brush for your Husky.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Husky Grooming Brush
You’ll find different types of grooming brushes online. Each brush has its own function and not every brush suits a Husky’s coat.
Dog de-matting combs or rakes are ideal for your Husky’s coat. These combs detangle and remove the undercoat hairs. Avoid buying a detangling comb with too long teeth, as it will scrap against your pup’s skin.
Coarse combs have long and wide-spaced metal teeth ideal for mat prevention. In addition, de-shedding brushes remove dead hairs from the undercoat without disturbing the outer hairs. Slicker brushes maintain the coat condition by evenly spreading your dog’s natural oils.
Pin brushes are good but unsuitable for Huskies, as they don’t remove excess fur. Grooming mitts are good for petting and scratching but not the best option for Huskies, as they don’t reach the undercoat. Similarly, bristle brushes remove dust and excess hair but don’t reach the undercoat.
8 Best Brushes For Huskies
Finding the best brush for your Husky can be tricky. Below are some top picks to help you decide the best one for your pup.
Hertzko Self-Cleaning Slicker Brush
The Hertzko self-cleaning Slicker brush is one of the best de-shedding tools for dogs and cats. Huskies shed heavily twice yearly when the weather changes from cold to warm. This slicker brush will make your job easier during the heavy shedding period.
- Hertzko’s self-cleaning slicker brush is versatile and ideal for grooming short- and long-haired cats, dogs, and rabbits.
- It is a multi-purpose de-shedding tool that reduces shedding, removes dirt and debris, and keeps the fur shiny and tangle-free.
- The push button and retractable bristles make this brush easy to clean after use.
- The ergonomic grip and fine-angled bristles make it easy to handle.
- It is ideal for sensitive skin as the round bristles reach through multiple layers of fur without damaging your Husky’s skin.
- The majority of Husky owners found this brush fantastic.
- Easy to grip, use, and clean.
- Perfect for dogs with sensitive skin
- Not suitable for short-haired breeds.
- A bit compromised on sturdiness.
Pat Your Pet Deshedding Tool
“Pat your pet de-shedding tool” is one of the best brushes for Husky. It is a rake brush typically used for de-matting and de-shedding. Its long teeth can easily reach the inner coat.
- Pat Your Pet de-shedding tool has double headed design. Its 9-teeth side is used for smooth de-matting, and its 17-teeth side is used for de-shedding and quick coat thinning.
- The rounded teeth design makes this tool safe for your Husky’s skin.
- The ergonomic handle is easy to grip and use.
- Perfect for long and medium fur and undercoat.
- Sturdy and durable
- Smooth de-shedding with no hairs flying around
- Not suitable for dogs with sensitive skin.
- Some users complained about the mal-manufacturing issue of bristles.
FURminator Dog Grooming Rake
FURminator Dog Grooming Rake is a multi-purpose de-shedding tool that removes mats from long, dense undercoats.
- The rounded stainless steel pins help to minimize the irritation with hair plucking.
- The ergonomic handle is easy to grip and comfortable.
- The anti-microbial plastic keeps bacteria and microorganisms at bay.
- Ideal for long-coat dogs
- Suitable for dogs with sensitive skin and easy to remove mats without hurting.
- Some users complained about the sturdiness of the handle and the pins.
- Quality compromised
Furminator Long Hair Dog De-Shedding Tool
FURminator’s long-hair dog de-shedding tool is specially designed for long hair dog breeds. It reduces shedding significantly upon regular use.
- The stainless steel edge removes loose hairs from the undercoat without damaging the outer coat.
- The ergonomic handle makes the grooming process more manageable.
- The curved edge is designed according to your pet’s body shape. So, your doggy will enjoy the de-shedding process.
- It removes the underlying loose and dead hairs effectively.
- It allows faster grooming.
- It is sturdy and durable.
- A bit expensive.
- You should know how to use it properly; otherwise, it will cause discomfort by pulling your pet’s hair.
Hartz Groomer’s Best Deshedding Slicker Dog Brush
Hartz Groomers Slicker Brush maintains your Husky’s coat health by massaging and activating naturally moisturizing oils. It is the best dog grooming tool for everyday de-shedding and detangling.
- It has fine thin bristles with a protective coating, best for removing tangles and matted hair.
- Suitable for both long and short hair breeds.
- Lightweight and easy to hold.
- Pets love this slicker brush and enjoy the grooming time.
- The brush’s angled head makes it easier to use than the rectangular head.
- Some users found it hard to clean. The brush is stiff, so removing the fur without bending the pins is impossible.
LUMO: All-in-one Self-Cleaning Pro Quality Grooming Tool for Long-Haired Pets
LUMO grooming tool is one of the most comfortable tools for long hair breeds like Husky, Collie, Golden Retriever, Newfoundland, and Maltese.
- It removes hairs without cutting or tugging the coat.
- The pull button allows the self-cleaning of the brush.
- High-quality stainless steel offers rust resistance and can be used while washing your Husky.
- Ergonomic handles provide a comfortable grip.
- Durable and sturdy
- Specially designed for long-hair breeds
- Some users didn’t find it effective as it failed to remove the undercoat.
- Heavy-weight that makes it an off-balanced brush.
Pet Craft Supply Self Cleaning Grooming Slicker Pet Brush
Pet Craft’s self-cleaning slicker pet brush is perfect for your dog or cat (both long and short hair breeds). This tool removes loose hair, tangles, knots, dander, and trapped dirt and keeps your pet’s coat clean and healthy.
- Its fine bristles are gentle on your pet’s skin. They penetrate deep into the undercoat and remove loose hair without cutting and damaging the skin.
- The self-cleaning button allows the bristles to retract back into the brush. It makes it easy to clean.
- The stainless steel bristles ensure quality and durability.
- It is ideal for both long and short hair cats and dogs.
- The brush increases blood circulation by gently massaging your pet’s skin.
- The Pet Craft team will guide you if your pet is unhappy with the product.
- Durable product and worth buying
- Easy to hold, use, and clean.
- Some pets didn’t like it as the pin bristles hurt.
- The self-cleaning function needs improvements.
- Most owners found it unsuitable for short hair dogs.
FURminator Medium Dog Undercoat deShedding Tool
If you need a de-shedding tool for your medium Husky(25 to 50 pounds), the FURminator medium dog de-shedding tool will be the best option. FURminator dog grooming products are the best so far.
- The “fur ejector” button easily releases the removed hair.
- The stainless steel edges capture hair without cutting or irritating the dog’s skin.
- The skin guard allows the curved edges to glide over the skin without damaging it.
- The ergonomic handle is comfortable and easy to grip.
- The teeth remove the undercoat without damaging the top skin.
- Edge Guard protects the teeth when you store the tool.
- Users gave tons of positive feedback about it really works.
- The slip-proof handle makes the grooming job easier.
- It is worth buying.
- The brush didn’t work for some dog breeds.
- Precautions for Using Husky Brushes
- Use a detangler spray to remove stubborn knots.
- Avoid applying too much pressure.
- You should be extra gentle against sensitive spots.
- Make the brushing process fun, and keep praising your pet.
Brushing your Husky is crucial as it removes the excess hair before they become tumbleweeds and stick to your couch, clothes, and furniture. Hopefully, this guide will help you find the best brush for your Husky.
Hertzko Self-Cleaning Slicker Brush is the best option if you are looking for an affordable brush.
FURminator long and medium hair de-shedding brushes are liked by millions of users. If you can afford it, you should go for this option.
The FURminator grooming rake is suitable if you need a wide-spaced brush for your Husky.
Hartz slicker brush is the best if you need a fine bristle brush for your doggy.
“Pat your Pet” offers dual-headed teeth that allow you to adjust according to your dog’s needs.
Follow the instructions before using any de-shedding tool on your Husky’s coat.